Finally, JMF is showing some love for the Mazda community! With over a year of research and development JMF is proud to introduce the first sheetmetal intake manifold on the market for the Mazda Speed cars. This manifold was designed to not only look awesome but to perform even better.
Each manifold is hand made and TIG welded from high quality 6061 T6 aluminum. The lower half is completely CNC machined from billet aluminum. Radiused inlets are also CNC machined into each plenum bottom to improve airflow by 10-15%.
Extensive testing was done on various setups and improvements were made in every aspect. You can see for yourself in the collection of test result graphs in the pictures section. Even on a stock turbo car with no additional tuning and simple bolt ons the intake manifold produced an additional 8hp/11ft-lbs and drivability was improved greatly. Adding this manifold to a more serious setup yielded gains of 45hp with no additional tuning. With a proper tune and setup 60hp gains can be expected!
Every effort was made to keep this manifold as close to a stock replacement as possible. Installation for the most part is bolt on but some modifications to your IC piping will be required. This manifold will NOT work with the stock top mount intercooler, you will need to have a front mount intercooler installed. For more install tips scroll down. Professional installation is highly recommended!
Included with each manifold is all new stainless steel hardware, brass vacuum fittings, fittings to relocate your fuel pressure sensor, and vacuum hose.
- Made from 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum
- CAD designed
- Tapered one piece billet runner section
- O-ring'd head flange eliminates the need for a gasket
- Made in the USA
- Mazdaspeed 3/6
- The throttle body can be installed rotated 180° from OEM for more clearance from the wire harness on the starter.
- Modifications to your IC piping may be required.
- It may be easier to install the dipstick tube in the rubber grommet first before inserting it into the engine block.
- The center bolt for the head flange can be a bit tricky to access, the best tool to use is a 1/4" drive ratchet & swivel with an 6mm rounded hex key socket.
- Be sure to use blue loctite on the intake manifold head bolts and torque them to 13-16 ft/lbs.
- Be sure to use a teflon paste sealant on the fuel pressure sensor relocation fittings, teflon tape is not recommended.
- Download instructions for removing the stock intake here.